Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts, Inc
401-403 Canal Place, Canal Place, Little Falls, NY 13365
The Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts in Little Falls, New York manages
an art gallery as an integral part of its operation as a multi-arts
center. The gallery is dedicated to presenting a very high standard of
creative, innovative work representing all disciplines.
Call for Artists Information
1. The gallery requests 10 images that represent the artist's work.
Slides, photographs or disc of artist's work must be submitted for
review by the Fine Arts Committee. No works sent by e-mail will be
2. The artist is to submit a resume, exhibition proposal, and a self
addressed stamped envelope with correct postage for return of your
3. If you are interested in being considered for placement on our
gallery schedule please respond to the above address.
4. You will be notified after the committee review. If accepted, we will
be sending you suggested dates of an exhibit, the time line and a
gallery map. A contract will be issued when a date for the exhibit is
Gallery Operation Policy
Our exhibition policy is designed to make exhibiting in our gallery as
pleasant and stress free for the artist as possible.
1. We handle all press releases and a mailing is sent to our general
list plus the artist's personal list of 100 names.
2. You may hang your show or the committee will hang it for you.
3. The Arts Center will host an opening reception for the public and
free of charge to the artist.
4. The gallery is protected by an electronic security system and has
full fire protection plus a comprehensive insurance policy.
5. The gallery is open five days a week and is located in an attractive
commercial area on the banks of the historic Erie Canal.
6. The Arts Center's commission is 30%.
7. The Arts Center will provide a black and white postcard free of
charge or the artist has the option of 500 full color postcards for a
cost of $150.00. The Art's Center will take care of the design layout,
the printing, and the costs of the mailing. The artist needs to supply a
photograph or a CD image of at least 300 dpi, and title of show for a
8. The artist is responsible for a gallery talk in conjunction with the
9. No artwork will be removed prior to the closing date of the exhibit
10. The artist is responsible for picking up the artwork in the day
stated after the closing date. If this is not possible, other
arrangements must be made in advance. We have very little safe storage
space and can not be held responsible for damage or loss after the
11. We do not pay for shipping of artwork